Groves-Raines Architects

Berkeley Dental Clinic

Commercial

Extensive external repairs, internal restoration and conversion of a B-listed classical terrace, built in 1864, to form a new world class dental care facility for the Berkeley Clinic. Following years of neglect, the building required an initial phase of extensive repairs and restoration to make it wind and watertight while design proposals were developed for the interior. Internally, the building has suffered from a range of variations and has lost many of it's original features.

The redevelopment seeks to retain and enhance the original features that remain, while using sensitive intervention to form bright comfortable dental surgeries and associated backup facilities. The award winning Berkeley Clinic have taken a revolutionary approach to dental care meaning their surgeries are much less cluttered and far more efficiently organised than a traditional surgery.

The result is more efficient, effective and enjoyable patient treatment within a comfortable and relaxing environment. Luxury seminar facilities and office accommodation are created in the principle rooms on the upper floors while staff accommodation and parking is provided at lower ground level.

You may also like

Brite Dental
Nisbet Wylie Photographs Ltd.
Lamb's House Office
James Morrison Street